Thursday, November 02, 2006

Explaining All Soul's Day

OK, I cannot share alot of dk stories anymore but this one is OK I think.

This morning my oldest asks me if I know what day it is. I said All Soul's Day. Both her and her brother looked at me as if I had 2 heads. He asked me what was. I told him it was a day set aside for the souls of people who had died and were in Purgatory.

So of course...what is purgatory. I told him a place to go and cleanse yourself of your sins before going to heaven. I said it's like when you do something wrong at home Mommy forgives you but you still need to be punished.

How do I know that's true. I told him because the Church teaches that, and there is a passage in the Bible about it. I asked him if he wanted to find the passage later and look it up.

He still didn't think I knew anything. That his Mom is crazy. I told him to ask his teacher about it at school. I'm sure he will.

No comments: