Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oct 15...Memorials

Purity of the Blessed Virgin Mary





Ironic that today is set aside to think about this...the purity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Last night I was explaining to someone about original sin, the Immaculate Conception and how Mary was a virgin...it all comes together with the purity of Mary. I was just struck by how this day relates so well to life things at this moment.




Saint Gerard Majella

This one is especially timely for a coworker who is in her 4th month of pregnancy and having a lot of problems. She was recently taken off work and is extremely worried.





Prayer to Saint Gerard

Most Blessed Trinity, I, Your child, thank You for all the gifts and privileges which You granted to Saint Gerard, especially for those virtues with which You adorned him on earth and the glory which You now impart to him in heaven. Accomplish Your work, Oh Lord, so that Your kingdom may come about on earth. Through his merits in union with those of Jesus and Mary, grant me the grace for which I ask {mention your petition}.

And you, my powerful intercessor, Saint Gerard, always so ready to help those who have recourse to you, pray for me. Come before the throne of Divine Mercy and do not leave without being heard. To you I confide this important and urgent affair {mention your petition}. Graciously take my cause in hand and do not let me end this prayer without experiencing the effects of your intercession. Amen.

No comments: