Tuesday, October 09, 2007

National Day of Prayer for Mental Illness Recovery and Understanding

Today is a special day to pray and ponder just that...


I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to my heart and reassure me: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid."
Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal peace.
Amen.

Lord, our God,
you graciously chose St. Dymphna
as patroness of those afflicted with mental
and nervous disorders.
She is thus an inspiration
and a symbol of charity
to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord,
through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr,
relief and consolation to all suffering such trials,
and especially those for whom we pray.

(Here you mention those for whom you wish to pray.)

We beg You, Lord,
to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf.
Grant all those for whom we pray
patience in their sufferings
and resignation to Your divine will.
Please fill them with hope,
and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord
Who suffered agony in the garden.

Amen.

2 comments:

Staying in Balance said...

I can't believe, after posting about the week on my blog in September, I forgot to post again about it when it happened! But, then again, that is why I posted about it when I did.

Anonymous said...

thecatholicpath.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.