Thursday, November 09, 2006

A few prayers

In honour of my oldest dd who chose her confimation name after this wonderful lady.

St. Claire Of Assisi Prayer:

God of mercy, inspired St. Claire with the love of Poverty.

By the help of her prayers, may we follow Christ in poverty

of spirit and come to the Kingdom of heaven.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ,

your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,

One God, forever and ever.Amen.



JESUS HELP ME


In every need let me come to you with humble trust saying

JESUS HELP ME.

In all my doubts, perplexities and temptations

JESUS HELP ME

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,

JESUS HELP ME

In the failure of my plans & hopes, in disappointments troubles and sorrow
JESUS HELP ME

When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts,
JESUS HELP ME

When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me

JESUS HELP ME

When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely

JESUS HELP ME

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind
Jesus help me and never forsake me.



Prayer to Saint Dymphna (because I am scared of losing it)

Lord, our God, you graciously chose Saint Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray. (Here mention those for whom you wish to pray).

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of Saint Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen

No comments: