Saturday, October 28, 2006

Suffering

Ok, I really am starting to feel like Job.
I made a list the other day. I have had 8 really horrible, traumatic things happen in my life and a bunch of little everyday stuff that eventually adds up. I am thankful none of these things have involved my children but I wonder why me?

I have searched the internet and came up with:
It brings me closer to God. I will lean and rely on him more.
It brings me closer to understanding the suffering Jesus did for us.
Jesus ended the suffering of all those people who came to him, he will end mind too.
It is something I can offer up for the good of others.
It will lessen my time in purgatory.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.... Matthew 5:4
Is all this a test of Satan? To see if I will still remain faithful to God?
As a result of sin.

It's hard looking at bits and peices of our lives. God sees the whole thing. I have no idea what the end result will be, somewhere there is beauty in it. Maybe I can't see it but God does.

No comments: